General characteristic of carbon nanomaterial (multi-walled nanotubes – CNM “Taunit”):
carbon nanoscale thread-like establishments of polycrystalline graphite mostly cylindricity shaped with inner canals
synthesized product— CNM «Taunit»
External diameter: 15-40 nm
Internal diameter: 3-8 nm
Length: 2 and more mkm
Admixtures: up to 1,5 % (including amorphous carbon 0,3-0,5 %)
Bulk density: 0,4-0,5 g/cm3
Specific geometrical surface: 120 and more m2/g
Thermal stability: up to 700 С
Average bulk of pores: 0,22 cm3/g
Average size of pores: 70 А
Carbon nanotubes have a whole number of unique properties:
- high tensile strength in conjunction with high value of compliance,
- great electrical conductivity and adsorptive properties,
- ability to cold emission of electrons and gas accumulation,
- diamagnetic properties,
- thermal stability and others.
Interesting facts about CNM “Taunit”
Ni particle size, where growth of nanotubes takes place, fits nanotube internal diameter and makes 40 nm on average.
Ni particles amount after reduction in catalyst 1 g makes about 1,84х1015.
Middle length of the nanotube is 2 mkm.
In 400 g of CNM, that is synthesized in reactor during one cycle, nanotubes total length is 147 mln km, that is equal to the distance from the Earth to the Moon in perihelion.
In 1 g of CNM nanotubes total length is 367 500 km — 9.2 equator of the Earth length or the distance from the Earth to the Moon.
Fields of carbon nanomaterial “Taunit” application:
- fillers for composite constructional nanomaterials,
- electro-conductive polymeric composites,
- modifying additives in concrete for special purposes,
- gas-distributing layers in fuel elements,
- components of lubricants,
- accumulators of hydrogen,
- filtering materials,
- carbon electrodes of lithium batteries,
- glutinous composites,
- touch systems both thermoelectric and acoustic signals,
- electrodes of electrochemical catalysis,
- carriers of medical products,
- antioxidants in manufacture of cosmetics,
- sources of cold electron emission,
- light diodes,
- anti static casings and coverings shielding and absorbing ultrahigh frequencies and radio emanation.